Sad as the pandemic has been for human, animals and the Earth has had a reprieve.
Today we are reminded for Earth Day, themed Climate Action of the challenges ahead for a sustainable future.
Ten Simple Things You Can Do to Help Protect the Earth every
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three “R’s” to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed, too.
- Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean.
- Choose sustainable. Learn how to make smart seafood choices at http://www.fishwatch.gov.
- Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also flip the light switch off when you leave the room!
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Don’t send chemicals into our waterways. Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home and office.
- Bike more. Drive less.
Think green. Remember our precious Earth. Let us leave a healthy future for those ahead and after us.
Source : https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/ocean/earthday.html